Friday, November 28, 2014

Head Scratchin' Time

     Don't know what went wrong.  When I told that story to Mark, he seemed to like it a lot.  'Course it was a whole different world back in '56.  Maybe kids were different also.  When he read the pig story to his grandkids they seemed to like it alright but only alright.  Maybe it was too convoluted.  Maybe too much an adult version of a fair tale.  Well, that's what it was supposed to be.  Could be that's why I liked it more than they did.  On the other hand, maybe the story just sucked.  Either way, it's got me puzzled.
     The answer to my puzzle?  I sat next to my grandson this morning and asked him.  Right off he said, "Too many names."  Simple enough.  After first mentioning a name in Hawaiian, I went back to English for the remainder of the tale.  'Spose there's a lot more problems where that one came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment